30 - 60 ft.
13.1 - 14.9 ft.
12.5 - 18.8 ft.
110 to 950 bu.
New for 2022
Introducing the Precision Disk 550 Series Air Drill
Seed Placement Accuracy
- A new closing system with indexable closing wheel angle adjustments helps growers achieve optimal seed trench closing, even in tough conditions.
- Exclusive variable down pressure spring consistently holds the row unit at the correct depth.
- Parallel-link design generates consistent coulter depth and seed placement; and closing wheel pressure ensures seed placement accuracy for improved stand establishment.
- The Precision Disk 550T features updated tanks with up to 140 bushels of capacity to provide the capacity you need to maximize tendering and seeding productivity.
- Easy-to-use enhanced auto-calibration check software verifies calibration settings using scale feedback and ensures accuracy to give operators the best return on their investment.
- Exclusive in-tank camera helps operators keep tabs on tank fill while rear-view camera helps ensure safety with maximum visibility.
- Low-profile, rail-guided tank lid ensures effective seal and allows for easy access.
Versatility for Your Needs
- A range of gauge wheel widths and options, including an open-spoke design, accommodate various field conditions.
- Closing system comes standard with indexable angle settings, so you can set for effective seed trench closing.
- Down pressure is adjustable from the cab with the press of a button.
Boost ROI With Earlier Soybean Emergence
Studies show that getting in the field earlier for planting is critical to maximizing soybean yield potential1 — and late-emerging soybeans can be costly, with a potential loss of up to $140/acre.2 That’s why Precision Disk 550 series air drills are agronomically designed with a parallel-link row unit to promote earlier, more rapid emergence than competitive air drills.
Precision Disk 550 series air drills let you plant soybeans earlier and into tough no-till seedbeds — so you can seed with accuracy, no matter the conditions. And keep you within budget. The single-rank Precision Disk 550T air drill offers a cost-effective solution for earlier soybean seeding.
Learn more about how Precision Disk 550 series air drills help boost ROI on the Case IH blog.1. Based on field research from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. 2. Based on field research from North Carolina State Extension and North Carolina Soybean Producers Association.
Frame & Transport
- Main Frame
- Wing Frames
Gain Efficiencies and Improve Yield Potential
Forward-facing Seed Tube
- More precise seed placement from tubes that direct seed toward scraper
- Reduces tumble and hop with a vertical drop — keeping seed in the trench
- Doesn't require a seed-loc wheel like many competitor models
- Equipt with a deflector to catch seeds attempting to jump out of the trench
- Achieves parallel travel of the assembly thanks to an efficient and innovative design
- Delivers consistent coulter depth, seed placement and closing wheel pressure
- Allows level lowering and lifting to plant at optimum depth
- Provides 8.5 inches of upward travel and 11.5 inches of downward travel
Tool-free Depth Adjustment
- Adjust row unit depth with a single, spring-loaded T-handle. On the 550 and 550T, adjustments range from zero to 3½ inches; on the 500DS, from ½ inch to 2 inches.
- The Precision Disk 550 series air drill allows for quick and easy changes to depth settings and closing wheel pressure.
- The 550 series air drill closing system comes standard with indexable angle settings, allowing operators to set for effective seed trench closing, no matter the conditions — from conventional to no-till.
- Exclusive to the 500DS, the Precision Placement Knife™ accurately places seed and then helps close the trench. Unique steel composition with carbide edges and design allows for durability, extended wear and easy replacement.
Down Pressure Spring
- Exclusive variable down pressure spring on each row unit ensures even emergence and minimized compaction across terraces and uneven terrain.
- Keeps the gauge wheel engaged with the ground for consistent depth and seed placement.
- 18-inch Earth Metal® blades are built to withstand high-impact conditions
- Cuts cleanly through heavy crop residue
- Reduces hair pinning
- Maximizes seed-to-soil contact
- 550 Model
- 550T Model
- 500DS Model
The 550T is also available in a single-rank, 15-inch spacing configuration – ideal for soybean seeding.
Find Your Match For Easy Maneuvering
- Floating style front pull hitch
- Allows the disk drill to float up and down, independently from the tractor and hitch
- Improves ground following and seed depth control because the hitch will not raise or lower the front of the tool when the tractor rides over a hill or obstacle
- Hook up any tow-behind air cart with ease
- Ensures a tight implement turning radius and follow the tracks created by the tractor during transport
- Provides enough room to allow the drill frame to be folded into the transport position without disconnecting the air system
- Lights and ISOBUS connectivity
*Precision Disk 550 model only
Advanced Farming Systems (AFS)
Achieve Seeding Efficiencies with Data-Driven Decision-Making
Flow, Population and Blockage Monitoring
- Reduce unsightly skips from blocked seed rows and monitor seed population to ensure hitting target rates
- Optional on the Precision Disk 550, the wireless flow blockage monitoring system uses acoustic sensors to provide real-time continuous blockage status updates and blockage history tracking
- The Precision Disk 550T flow sensors provide accurate population estimates for larger seeded crops
- A bar graph on the Precision Disk 550T flow sensors displays target rates and seeding flow
Section and Rate Control
- Put seed, fertilizer and other inputs precisely where you want them using AFS section and rate control.
- Reduced overlaps combined with variable-rate application and precise product placement can help you save on inputs, improve agronomic performance and lower overall costs.
- Variable-rate application results in fewer trips across the field.
Guidance and Steering
- Achieve year-to-year repeatable accuracy at sub-inch levels with AFS AccuGuide autoguidance.
- Autoguidance helps reduce skips and overlaps; save on fuel and labor costs; better manage your seed, fertilizer and chemical inputs; simplify operation; and simply get more done every day.
Data Management and Analysis
- View, edit, manage, analyze and use your precision farming data — all in a single suite — with AFS software.
- Generate yield maps, precision maps and more from a single, integrated software package.
- Create soil sampling maps, generate and print reports, and import satellite imagery.
- Securely and easily import and manage all data sources using your AFS software.
Maintenance & Uptime
Reduced Maintenance and Easy Serviceability
- Toolbar width: 30 - 40 ft.
- Transport height: 13 ft. 1 in. – 13 ft. 10 in. (3.99 – 4.23 m)
- Transport width: 12 ft. 5 in. – 18 ft. 8 in. (3.79 – 5.69 m)
- Road-to-opener clearance: 8.5 in. (21.6 cm)
- Weight (empty): 20,890 lb. – 22,890 l. (9,475 – 10,380 kg)
Bancroft Implement, Inc.
312 West Ramsey St.
Bancroft, IA 50517
Corwith Red Power
301 1st Street
Corwith, IA 50430
Estherville Red Power
2703 Murray Rd.
Estherville, IA 51334
McRoberts Red Power
3080 Hwy 14
Greene, IA 50636
Humboldt Red Power
2050 13th Street North
Humboldt, IA 50548
Mason City Red Power
10997 265th St
Mason City, IA 50401
Manson Red Power
221 Eighth Street
Manson, IA 50563
New Hampton Red Power
2205 240th Street
New Hampton, IA 50659
Spencer Red Power
3695 Hwy 71
Spencer, IA 51301
West Bend Red Power
101 - 130th St
West Bend, IA 50597