OPTIMIZED FOR ROW CROPS, SOD/TURF FARMS
Grasshopper features a high-clearance design to limit disturbing emergent plants, coupled with flotation tires for minimizing soil compaction. This spreader achieves precision application in both row crop and sod/turf farm environments - any terrain requiring a delicate touch.
Don’t mistake this 9-foot, single-axle applicator with the light touch for being “light duty.” Grasshopper is built for durability without compromising precision, featuring ground-wheel-drive mechanics, and the original Salford spreader system for a consistently wider, flatter spread pattern. Powered by PTO or tractor-supplied hydraulics.
Salford's BBI line of spreaders are capable of accurately broadcasting seed and fertilizer. Although best suited for wheat or grass seed, which are applied at higher rates, Salford's BBI Javelin and BBI Grasshopper and suited for top dress application. These top dress applicators can serve a multi-purpose role as mid-season cover crop applicator for higher rates of cover crop seed.
- Distribution of granular fertilizer or lime
- Medium capacity
- Optimized for row crops and sod or turf farms
- 9-foot single axle
- Ground wheel drive conveyor
- PTO or hydraulic-driven spinners
- 153-212 cu. ft. struck capacity
- Low and high application rates
- Proprietary BBI spreader system
- High-clearance design for top dressing and row cropping
- Flotation tires minimize soil compaction
- Delivers a wider, flatter, more consistent pattern
- Dual rack and pinion gate prevents jams
- One-piece CNC machined comb gives longer chain life
- Ground wheel driven, stainless steel mesh chain
- Overhead spinner motors above the chemical, resulting in extended motor life
- UHMW and stainless steel construction reduce corrosion issues and extend spreader life